- Community Development Co-ordinator
- Community Development, Faith in Community Scotland
- 0141 221 4576
Hello, I am Pauline and I coordinate the work of Community Development.
I am based mainly in Glasgow but myself and the rest of our community development workers work across the central belt supporting faith communities and others as they develop and create projects and services which tackle local poverty and support local people. After spending time getting to know you, and at your invitation, we would get alongside you, and depending what you want to achieve:
- Help you with things like: looking at the strengths of your community and some of its challenges, what the local community are saying they want to start and then stay with you as you research the need for an activity or initiative.
- Assist you as you plan the nuts and bolts of your initiative e.g. decide what goals you want to achieve and how you will know if you’ve met them.
- Enable you to establish good practice in making funding applications, volunteering and governing matters
- Connect you up with others to hat with who might be doing similar things you are planning to do.
In my personal time I am keen on coastal walks and keener still on avoiding hillwalking! I use reflection on natural habitat and the brilliance of those I love, or work beside, as inspiration for my hobby of textile art.