- Dundee Fairness Baton Passes To New Commissioners. March 29, 2017 New Group To Take Forward The Work Of The Fairness Commissions
On Thursday 23 March, almost one year on from the conclusion of the Dundee Fairness Commission Jimmy Black, Chairperson, handed over the fairness baton to new Community Commissioners. The move signals the start of a new stage in the fairness conversation, one that will involve ...
- New Volunteering Guidance March 15, 2017 The Department of Works and Pensions, in consultation with Voluntary Action Scotland and other TSI’s, has published new guidance on volunteering.
Regardless of your work status, volunteering can have a whole range of benefits to an individual’s employability and wellbeing. The new guidance is designed to ensure people are receiving consistent advice on whether their volunteer role ...
- Faith in Throughcare Training Dates Announced March 8, 2017 Faith in Throughcare recruits and trains a team of throughcare volunteer mentors, to work alongside people coming out of prison. Our volunteers come from all walks of life and have varied life experiences, including some people who have their own personal experience of being in prison.
The training for volunteers in this role is comprehensive, 30 ...
- Step Inside The Poverty Truth Commission February 24, 2017 Across this year’s Poverty Truth Commission, we will be bringing you the view from inside the commission, as Jane and Sadia share their thoughts and experiences of being a Commissioner.
We feel lucky to be part of The Poverty Truth Commission. Honored that people would be willing to share their stories with us, and proud of the work ...
- Community Worker – Dundee January 17, 2017
Vacancy – Community Worker – (28 hours p.w.)
° Do you believe in the dignity, resilience and potential of all people in
° Do you want to be a part in helping Dundee do all it can to achieve
fairness across the city?
Interested then click here for details!
- In Wi’ the Mix – Learning Resources December 5, 2016 Free Online Learning Resources
These online learning resources relate to the value of local faith groups working together to tackle difficult issues within our communities, specifically in this case sectarianism. However, we feel that the lessons learned can be applied to many issues facing communities and hope you will view the resources and think about how ...
- Poverty Truth Commission Report 2012 July 11, 2016 Poverty Truth Commission Report (One Year On) April 2012.
Have read and see what success the PTC in Scotland have achieved Poverty Truth Commission Report 2012.
- Tackling Poverty Together Report June 29, 2016 Tackling Poverty Together was an initiative of Faith in Community Scotland that ran between 2014 and 2016. TPT supported communities that had been especially affected by Welfare Reform issues such as benefit delays, sanctions and other changes to the UK’s system of social security, enabling those communities to develop or expand work to address these ...
- Inspiring Unity March 23, 2016 A new course to enable us to move beyond sectarianism by strengthening and sharing our faith resources and reflecting together on faith in action.
This programme seeks to provide an opportunity to reflect, deepen spiritual resources and inspire further action to build on what has been achieved already to move beyond sectarian divisions in the lives ...
- #namesnotnumbers February 29, 2016 #namesnotnumbers, The Poverty Truth Commission Report 2014-16
The third round of the commission met from 2014-16 concentrating their work on 3 working groups: The Cost of School, Dignity and the Power of Stories and Food Poverty. the full report is available to download and video shorts are available to view.